The website available on www.cofa-adoption.org (hereinafter called the “website”) is intended for the personal use of internet users. Access and use of this website are subject to the “Legal Disclaimer” herein, and to applicable laws and/or regulations. Connecting and accessing this website implies internet users’ complete and unconditional acceptance of all the provisions in this legal disclaimer.
The website’s proprietary company reserves the right to amend and update the legal disclaimer herein without notice, as well as any element, product, or services presented on the website. All these amendments apply to internet users, who must review the website’s legal disclaimer.
The legal disclaimer herein is subject to French law.
- The www.cofa-adoption.org website is published by the
Confédération Française pour l’Adoption— COFA
10 rue Philibert Delorme
a non-profit organisation under the 1901 Associations law
- Director of Website publication: Mr Christian BRULEY, COFA President
- Site administrator: Émilie DEREGNAUCOURT
- Site map and contents: see the site map at the bottom of each page
- Website data is stored in the company’s data centre, OVH GRAVELINES, ZI Les Huttes, Route de la Ferme Masson, 59820 Gravelines.
Intellectual property rights
The proprietary company advises website users that many of its elements
- are protected by copyright legislation: this may include photographs, articles, drawings, animation, digital audio or video recordings;
- and/or are protected by legislation on drawings and models;
- and/or are protected by legislation on brands, including all variations of the Confédération Française pour l’Adoption (COFA)’s logos, photographs, and graphic charter. These protected elements are the property of COFA. For this reason, any reproduction, representation, use, adaptation, amendment, incorporation, translation, marketing of any kind, whether in whole or in part, in any form, by any process and in any format whatsoever (paper, digital, etc.) of the website’s protected elements are prohibited without COFA’s written prior consent, save for those exceptions provided in law by article 122-5 of the Intellectual Property Code, at the risk of committing an offence of copyright and/or drawing and model and/or brand infringement, punishable by three (3) years in prison and a three hundred thousand euro (€300,000) fine for copyright infringement and four (4) years in prison and a four hundred thousand euro (€400,000) fine for brand infringement.
Copyrights and/or rights on drawings and models
This website constitutes a work of which COFA is the author as defined in articles L. 111.1 and following of the Intellectual Property Code.
Photographs, writing, slogans, drawings, images, animations, whether or not they include sound, as well as all works integrated into the website, are the property of COFA, its subsidiaries, or third parties which have authorised COFA to use them.
Reproductions, whether on a paper or digital medium, of this website are authorised, provided that they are strictly reserved for personal use, excluding any advertising and/or commercial and/or information use, and/or that they comply with provisions in article L122-5 of the Intellectual Property Code.
Information about our products and services
The information and illustrations which appear on the pages of this website are based on current data and/or technical characteristics at the time when the website’s pages are uploaded or updated. This data and these technical features may be changed at any time.
In any case, the information on this website is for general information and has no contractual value.
Protection of personal information and cookies
It is possible to visit the www.cofa-adoption.org website without having to reveal your identity or provide any other personal information.
COFA is committed to respecting your privacy and any private information that you share. It may be necessary to collect some personal information in order to reply to your inquiries.
Where necessary, any personal information that may be collected on the www.cofa-adoption.org website is subject to computer processing and is for COFA’s exclusive use. It is confidential and shall be treated as such. It shall be retained for as long as necessary for processing by COFA, and the sole purpose of this processing is to reply to your inquiries.
Regarding personal information that you share with us, you have a right of access, rectification, and deletion, in accordance with the French “Information and Freedom” law, No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, a right which you may exercise by writing to: COFA Lyon Œuvre Adoptive Lyonnaise, 24 avenue Felix Faure, 69007 LYON, France.
We use login details for our browsing statistics, to optimise our website in terms of content and navigation, but this information is not shared with any third parties. We take every precaution to preserve the integrity and confidentiality of this data, and to prevent its communication to unauthorised third parties.
We hereby inform you of the use of session cookies, which are text files that are created in your computer. These text files have a limited lifespan and are destroyed when you have finished browsing. None of the data stored in your computer is recorded in these session cookies. Each time you visit another page, the text file helps our server safely recognise you. Without session cookies, you would need to log on each time you browse to another page. Deactivating these session cookies prevents access to your personal space. We also inform you of a cookie that is not destroyed at the end of your session, which helps us refine traffic analysis for our site, and manage the display of the modal window. All achieved results are compiled and are totally anonymous. In any case, you are in charge of these cookies. You may read them, filter them, refuse them, and destroy them in your internal browser’s parameters.
Limitation of liability
Your use of the www.cofa-adoption.org website is under your sole and entire responsibility. COFA may not be held liable for any direct or indirect damage, including material prejudice, a loss of data or of programmes, financial prejudice resulting from use of this website or of linked sites, or for any information or data that is consulted on these sites or downloaded from these sites.
Website users are committed to respecting the legal disclaimer herein and to using the website under their own responsibility. Use of the website implies acceptance of the present legal disclaimer. Any browsing of the website implies acceptance of the latest version of the legal disclaimer herein.
COFA shall not be held liable for any damage resulting from website use.
Users must protect their technical equipment against any form of contamination by viruses and/or intrusion attempts, as COFA cannot be held liable in this case.
Sending a hypertext link to the www.cofa-adoption.org website requires COFA’s prior written consent.
In any case, COFA cannot be held liable for content or products or services offered on websites to which the www.cofa-adoption.org website might be linked by hypertext or any other type of link.
Applicable law and competent jurisdiction
The website and the legal disclaimer herein are subject to French law, except for conflict-of-law rules.
In the event of a dispute about the interpretation of or the execution of the legal disclaimer herein, Paris courts shall have exclusive competence, subject however to statutory mandatory provisions.