To provide long-term support to families who adopted a few years ago, and are currently experiencing the pre-teen and teen years, with all their associated physical, psychological, and social aspects, questions and/or concerns, our Team offered a day devoted to post-adoption contemplations.
The day was led by Anne-Marie Crine – a psychologist, psychotherapist (children/teenagers and families), and international adoption specialist who has been supporting us for many years with our various Adoptive Family Preparation Workshops.
Sharing sessions included conversations on:
- Different parenting experiences,
- Evaluating the behavioural difficulties of young adoptees,
- Keys to understanding difficult behaviours in children based on the damage and trauma of their pasts, leading to a different way of approaching children and having the capacity to create distance in relationships,
- Preventing emotional, relational, and educational difficulties that can interfere with family life,
- Children’s loyalty conflicts between birth parents and adoptive parents,
- Providing teaching tools to allow a better approach to this tricky, yet constructive period in a child’s life.